What Is Detoxification ?
Detoxification is a process by which body removes unwanted toxins which are grabbed because of polluted air, junk food and refined or processed food. It removes all the unfamiliar substances from human body, which is mainly carried out by the liver.
How Does Detoxification Work ?
Normally, detoxification means to clean the blood. This all process of cleaning the blood takes place in the liver. All the toxins elimination process happens in liver. Along with liver other parts of body also contribute in this process. The toxins are removed from kidneys, intestines, lungs and skin. Detoxification process removes all the impurities from the blood.
Which Method Should Be Used For Detoxification ?
There are many detoxification methods to remove the toxins from the body. Many methods take at least 7-8 days to detox the whole body. There is one method to quickly detox your body and that is by following a proper detox diet. According to Dr. Bennett, he recommends five diets to detox the body.
- Sugar Detox
- Juice Cleanse
- Hypoallergenic Detox
- Smoothie Cleanse
- Veggie And Fruit Detox
5 Ways To Detoxify Your Body
Here are the 5 best and effective ways to detoxify your body.
- EAT FRESH AND CLEAN FOOD :- The main cause of increase in toxins in your body is excessive intake of junk food. Even excessive salt, sugar and oil acts as toxins and can further lead to various health problems. The fruits and vegetables which are sprayed over by pesticides are another cause of creation of toxins in your body. If you want to detoxify your body than the first should be healthy and fresh diet. Fresh and healthy diet will not only detox your body but will also keep you away from various diseases. Always choose organic fruits and vegetables instead of processed food. Moreover, reduce the quantity of salt, sugar and oil in your diet. This will keep your internal organs to function efficiently.
- EXERCISING :- Start exercising daily for minimum 30 minutes. After consuming healthy diet this is the second step to detox your body. While you practice various types of exercises your body creates immense amount of sweating and this eliminates toxins from the body. This process takes place in skin and skin is capable of eliminating metals like arsenic, mercury and lead through sweat. Exercising would not only removes unwanted toxins but also keeps you fit and fine. There are many types of exercises which you can perform daily.
- TRY TO KEEP THE STOMACH EMPTY :- By eating healthy diet and doing exercises you can try to keep fast for a day or more. By fast we mean only consume fresh vegetables and fruits rather than heavy meals. This step will give rest to your digestive system to focus on detoxifying the body. Fruits and veggies have various vitamins and minerals which will keep your healthy as well as away from harmful diseases. This process will throw out all the germs from your stomach and other parts of the body.
- DRINK LOT’S OF WATER :- Water is the best source to detoxify your body. It is not only essential for survival but also removes unwanted toxins from the body. Normally everyone drinks 2 litres of water a day but to detoxify your body you need to drink 4-5 litres of water a day. Water also helps in weight loss and improves immune system. From better results you can drink lemon water and can also add mint leaves.
- GREEN SMOOTHIES :- Green smoothies are rich source of various nutrients and vitamins which are essential for your body. You can made smoothies using green leafy veggies such as spinach, cucumber for better results add lettuce, carrots, apple, banana. These add-ons will make your drink more tasty and healthy.