As the pollution level is increasing day-by-day in Delhi-NCR, everyone is worried about the these toxic gases around them. Not only Delhi is affected by pollution there are lot more big cities in the world which are facing polluted air problems. Here are some precautions that what should be done and what should not be done to get protected from the severe pollution.
HOW DOES THE POLLUTION AFFECTS ?
Everything which comes in contact with the polluted air gets affected. Pollution affects our eyes, respiratory system and skin too. Through our mouths and noses pollutants reach our intestines as well which is very dangerous for our body.
WHAT PRECAUTIONS SHOULD BE TAKEN ?
These precautions will save you little bit from this deadly pollution
- Use wets mops instead of brooms to clean floors because wets floor consume pollution.
- Avoid using carpets and upholstery as they are sources where pollution particles can settle on.
- Don’t do exercises in polluted air because it increases inhaling and there are lot more chances of inhaling more polluted air.
- Avoid going out and try to stay more at home.
- When you’re going outside in a car, switch on the AC and close the windows of the car.
IS THERE ANY BENEFIT OF AIR PURIFIERS AND MASKS ?
As rooms are not air tight and the polluted air can still come inside the room and according to some scientific researches it shows that air purifiers can’t tackle against toxic air. According to Dr Sircar, he says masks help very little because you can’t wear a mask throughout the day. Mask should be of high quality like N95 masks are good and it can only be effective if it is worn very tightly. These masks can be helpful while riding on bikes.
OTHER THINGS WHICH CAN BE DO TO TACKLE POLLUTION
- Plants more and more trees.
- Try to travel on public transport.
- Use bicycles for short distances instead of cars and bikes.
- Travel in a group, don’t travel individually in cars or bikes.
- Use Recyclable products.
- Avoid using plastic bags and plastic products.
- Troubleshoot your car or bike if it is exhaling more pollution.
- Shift to electric vehicles.